Nothing beats the flavour of a candy cake made with barely bitter rhubarb on this rhubarb cake recipe.
With only a handful of substances that you just probably have readily available, this rhubarb cake recipe is straightforward to make, further moist, and stuffed with tart rhubarb taste.
It’s rhubarb season and this fruit (sure, it’s a fruit!) is making appearances in all the things from pies to muffins! This recipe for rhubarb cake showcases its distinctive coloration and taste, in a flippantly sweetened, fluffy cake that’s excellent as a fast snack or dessert.
A Scrumptious Summer time Cake
- Moist and scrumptious, rhubarb cake is a candy/tart deal with with its personal distinctive taste.
- This recipe makes use of substances you probably have readily available together with some rhubarb stalks.
- This cake may be made when rhubarb is plentiful nevertheless it additionally freezes superbly. So make a cake or two (or muffins) to save lots of for later?
- Recent rhubarb is all the time greatest but when the yearning for rhubarb cake comes up low season, frozen will do. Merely permit it to thaw and pat dry with a clear paper towel earlier than utilizing.
- It tastes so good with some ice cream, whipped cream, or vanilla custard.
Rhubarb: Select stalks which can be ripe and agency with a clear, candy scent. Rinse the stalks completely and chop them into even items. If there isn’t sufficient rhubarb to equal 3 cups, add sliced strawberries or chopped apples. Or, if in case you have further rhubarb, if may be chopped or you’ll be able to freeze it.
- Flour – This cake batter makes use of all-purpose flour.
- Butter – Use unsalted butter. In the event you solely have salted, scale back or miss the salt within the recipe.
- Lemon – Recent lemon provides taste and in addition reacts with the soda to make the cake gentle and fluffy (so it can’t be omitted). In the event you’d like zest the lemon and add 1 teaspoon of lemon zest to the cake.
- Different – Use massive eggs and granulated sugar.
How one can Make Rhubarb Cake
This can be a scrumptious and candy manner to make use of up that harvest of rhubarb.
- Whisk dry substances collectively in a big bowl and moist substances in a medium bowl.
- Toss the rhubarb within the dry combination.
- Mix the moist and dry substances (per the recipe under). Pour the cake batter into the ready baking dish or cake pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake.
Storing Rhubarb Cake
Maintain rhubarb cake lined at room temperature for as much as 3 days. Freeze leftover parts by wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap and storing them in zippered luggage for as much as 10 weeks.
Extra Rhubarb Recipes
Did you make this Rhubarb Cake? Make sure to depart a score and a remark under!
Candy & tart rhubarb cake is one of the best ways to make use of up all that summer time harvest!
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 pan and put aside.
Whisk flour, salt, & baking soda in a big bowl. Put aside.
In a small bowl, mix sugar, milk, melted butter, lemon juice, and vanilla. Stir within the egg.
Add the rhubarb to the flour combination and gently combine.
Add the milk combination to the flour combination and stir with a spatula till mixed.
Pour the cake combination into the ready pan.
Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the cake.
Bake 40-45 minutes, or till a toothpick comes out clear.
Cool and serve with ice cream.
- Mixing the rhubarb with the flour first ensures it doesn’t sink to the underside of the cake.
- Rhubarb could be very tart so there’s a little bit of additional sweetness on this cake.
- Ensure all substances are at room temperature.
Leftover cake may be saved for as much as 3 days at room temperature in a lined container.
Freeze parts by wrapping in plastic wrap and storing in zippered luggage for as much as 10 weeks. Thaw at room temperature.
Energy: 404 | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 3g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 541mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 489IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.